Mohamed Hamid Short pottery courses.
Welcome to the Star Gallery pottery. This warm and friendly workshop is designed
for anyone with a passion for making objects out of clay. Mohamed is a master
potter with 31 years of experience and expertise in throwing and decorating.
He teases out the individual creative streak and welcomes exploration and enjoyment.
(These files are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader to view)
Adult Summer Courses 2012
Children's Summer Courses 2012
Adult Courses, whole day 10am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm ..... £72......... Half days, mornings or afternoons........ £36
These fun courses are organic, evoking a sense of achievement and a finished product, and are open to all:
- Taster sessions
- There are taster sessions available (3 hours), mornings only from 10am to 1pm. Cost £36.00.
Max 3 students, all abilities welcome.
Sat 21st April,
Sat 5th May,
Sat 19th May,
Sat 16th June,
Sat 30th June,
Sat 14th July,
Sat 28th July.
- Complete beginners
- an introduction to working with clay
in several formats.
- build on and develop existing skills.
- Advanced skills
- explore and experiment. Try out
unusual sized work or different materials: Porcelain, earthenware and
stoneware clays, and a huge variety of glazes and decorating techniques,
including raku, are available.
- Short pottery courses, weekday classes and children's workshops
if you are keen to create, want to take home individual crafts for gifts,
to serve a practical purpose or as objects of beauty.
- £72 per day or £36 half day (3hr session)
- morning session 10am - 1pm
- afternoon session 2pm-5pm
- plus £2.25 per finished, glazed fired pound of clay.
- 4 people max
- Pottery courses.Throwing, hand building and glazing techniques
are covered in workshops.
- 5 day short courses.
- Term time courses.
- Morning, evening and afternoon
- Children's workshops.
- Enjoy a day of making, including work on the wheel and creative hand building.
- All course fees include:
- demonstrations and individual tuition.
- Talks and discussions on technical matters.
- Tea and coffee.
Size of groups:
Each group will be small with a maximum of 4 students, thus giving more time
for individual attention. Each student has their own equipment and seated electric
At the end of the week you may choose your 5 best pots which will be glazed and
fired as finished products free of charge. Any additional crafts may be purchased
at a cost of £2.25 per pound of clay.